Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Toilet Training

I was all set to write a blog about fancy and interesting toilets in Melbourne but as I was doing a little research I found an article that was published very recently so didn't think my 2 cents was worth 2 cents. It is however worth 1 cent and that's what value you will get today.

My inspiration came from my new job at MTC. The toilets at the new venue are beautiful and you can visit the theatre without coming to see a show. I did take some photos but they do didn't do the colour justice so you will just have to come and see for yourself.

The downstairs ladies and mens are coloured appropriately in lolly pink and blue for the appropriate gender. They are all tiles and faux marble and are really quite striking. The upstairs ones are painted with murals and both have a very art deco feel about them whilst remaining contemporary.

There is another room downstairs that has purple tiling but that is just for us and you won't see it!

Here is the article I found:

It doesn't have pictures either which I think is a bit shit for a professional article on such a topic that describes the visuals. So I decided to post my pictures anyway.






No comments: