Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday 29 June

Last day in New York! I allow myself a major sleep in til 9am then I am off to Chelsea, mostly just to see the infamous Chelsea Hotel to get a photo.

I venture north to Hell's Kitchen to check out the Actor's Studio and I go straight past it because I had the wrong street number in my head. It is a very non descript building with a small sign so it's no surprise I missed it anyway. What an anti climax! I don't really know what I was expecting but all the significant acting houses and theatres I made special trips to were that way.

Off to Central Park for round 2 on foot. Strawberry Fields - big deal! Belvedere Castle - closed on Mondays. Keep wandering towards the exit but get side tracked by the Loeb Boathouse and what a good thing it is. I stop for a wine by the lake. It's so beautiful here and I am completely relaxed, well my feet are 90% relaxed. I order a prawn cocktail and a mango mojito to treat myself. Delicious! I don't want to leave but I must. I want to finish the park which I do over an hour later.

Back to Times Square and I line up for a ticket to see Next To Normal - Best Musical/Actress. It has been recommended to me and 39 Steps isn't on so I am looking forward to it. After 40 minutes I get to the counter and the only seats available are restricted viewing for $85. No way, if I am paying those dollars I want to see everything! Walking to the subway I am a bit sad to be leaving. Apart from my mangled feet I am really comfortable here.

I go home, shower and go to the supermarket to get dinner. It's going to be a very quiet and relaxing evening. It's damn hot in the flat and I am restless. Chris tells me he doessn't want to do anything in LA, just sit on the beach and go to Universal Studios. Fine! CENSORED.

It is fucking hot and there is no breeze. We have to be up at 5.30am and sleep is going to be restless.

No comments: