Friday, July 3, 2009

Sunday 21st June

NEW YORK CITY! Yay!

We have easy directions and make it to Chinatown where our apartment is and meet Hana, the owner. It's a great little place and we are very happy. A shower, nap and trip to the supermarket see us almost refreshed and ready to go again.

We hit Times Square and I am in an advertiser's heaven. We just wander and soak it all up. We pick up our New York Pass (NYP) which gives us access to tons of attractions. We go home and cook some dinner and relax. It seems there are no bottle shops in Chinatown - don't they drink?? So we end up walking to Little Italy. As tired as we are, it doesn't seem right to go to bed so we just get a little drunk and listen to music.

I must say the supermarket has the most wonderful selection of food available. The options at the self serve salad and meals bar were fabulous, then the over the counter options seemed endless and everything looked sooooo good. Unfortunately US food is loaded with salt and sugar so it's no wonder there is an obesity problem. Even your healthiest salads and vegetables are dripping with some type of sauce or glaze.

I'm so excited to be here. Upcoming blogs are chock full of amazing days! Oh and my blisters are settling but my shin is in pain from the way I have been walking. I will refer to this many times so you understand my distress.

No comments: