Friday, July 3, 2009

Saturday 20 June

We have to check out by 11am and I am ready to get out of bed at 7.30am - much to my disgust. The only thing I have left to do is ride the cable car up and down these hills. I am very happy with everything I have done. Our flight to New York is not until 11.30pm so we have a long day ahead. Packed and ready to go we store our luggage at the hostel and go into town to one end of the cable car line. A half hour queue awaits us already.

It is a bit hairy on the hills but fun and I have a smile on my face pretty much the whole time. Once we get to the other end I need a coffee and Chris wants a sundae so we pop into Ghiradelli. I have a brownie which literally melts in my mouth and I can't eat it all. I know!!! Me, not being able to eat a whole brownie! I save the rest for later.

We start walking again and go the the cinema to see Drag Me To Hell - a truly awful horror film.

Starving, we stop at Mel's Diner for a burger and then make our way back to pick up our bags. Our last stop is another cinema near the train station so we can go to the airport after our next movie - Easy Virtue. This is a much better film.

The last few days of weather have been superb and I would love to stay a little longer and relax but away I must go, New York is waiting for me. We have several hours to wait at the airport so I lie down on the floor and have a snooze. After grabbing some dinner it's almost time to go. We aren't sitting together on the plane but no matter, we'll be sleeping anyway.

My blisters are a real problem but what can I do? I must grimace and bear it.

No comments: