Thursday, December 4, 2008

RACQ shoot

The shoot for the RACQ ad went extremely well and I am very happy with the bits that I saw on the computer. The honchos from RACQ were happy so I guess I have to be too. Everyone loved my laugh which features at the end of the ad. I don't quite know how to describe my laugh but some words that come to mind are cheeky, evil, sarcastic but above all else one that comes from within. Isn't that just beautiful. Blurrhhh!!!

Thursday, depart Melbourne 2pm. I am stuffed up with a head cold and not happy. Take drugs. Arrive Brisbane 4.05pm sniffing and sneezing and in pain from the pressure build up in my ears. Take more drugs. I had hooked up with my fellow actors before departure and we journeyed by taxi into the city to the production company to have a wardrobe check. The driver was thrilled to have passengers that were happy, chatty and a little bit silly. It was lucky as the traffic into the city was awful.

Once we got to the apartments we made plans to meet at the bar for a drink before dinner. 2 drinks later and on to the hotel around the corner for dinner where we proceeded to get a little bit merry. The conversation flowed freely as did the wine and of course we needed to continue our bonding session so given that Rowan was the one who received an upgrade (although I was on the 17th floor), it was back to his apartment with some wine, chips and nuts. 3 seemingly quite different people who have so much more in common than our first impressions might project - retired, berry farmer and customer service. It was one of those nights you would like to keep going but unfortunately a higher priority than drunken soapboxing and raucous laughter called. Take more drugs before bed. Did not sleep well. Oh, I might add that the boys had hangovers!!!!

There were 2 other ads being filmed on the day which the guys were doing so I wasn't on set until the afternoon. My checkout was at 12pm and I was going to my sister's office to kill time beforehand. We went to lunch and I decided to get some more drugs from the chemist. I ended up with 1 a day antihistamines. Well, let me tell you that 3 of those, 2 Nurofen + and 2 paracetamol later my nose was clear and my eyes had stopped watering. It was all in good time as I was then ready to do my thing and I didn't want any cold or hayfever symptoms making a mess of it/me!

The shoot was very straightforward and there were no dramas, no stress and my co-star was no problem (the client's son). We all had a good time and did the job well. I won on the number of takes for the day, not that I was counting but they were. I couldn't wait to get out of my costume as I could not breathe normally, I could not sit down or bend over without trouble. The top I was wearing was a little...tight...and I needed assistance to get it on and off so as not to put my neck out!!!!

When it was all over I went off to my sister's place for the night, then to my Mum's the next night. Boozy affairs they were with much giggling over Pictionary and Articulate. I love it when my Mum gets a fit of giggles, she goes all high pitched and girly, it's quite hilarious and infectious. We all know someone like that and it's such a joy to watch.

I'm still a bit sick with headaches so drugs are close by. That's about it really. Not that interesting when you have to condense it all but I know some people wanted to hear about it so this was the easiest way.

I must mention the weather seeing as it played such a central role in the shoot. It was perfect, just what you expect from Qld.

No comments: