Thursday, December 4, 2008

Time To Pull Your Pants Up Boys!

Fashion statements come and go but one that has outstayed it's welcome is the one for men that says "I can wear my pants lower than you!" This has been around for a few years now and I don't understand the attraction.

Why do you feel it is necessary to show us your underwear and worse.........You look ridiculous with the crutch hanging down below your knees almost tripping you over because your legs get caught up in the slack (pun intended).

Yes, women can wear their clothing many different ways and have a lot more choice in the matter but note that we do have our own serious fashion faux pas. The puffy skirt should never have been brought back from the grave, in fact anything puffy or 80's should be allowed to rest in peace. I have seen a few stores now stocking chambray items which horrifies me to say the least. I was never able to wear this soft denim style fabric in it's heyday and I will not be attempting it this time.

The flourescent colours are back which is probably a good thing if you shop in Supre as it's the only light you will get. Has anyone been in the new superstore? It's as black as night and you cannot see a thing. Supre is known for squashing in racks upon racks of clothing making it almost impossible to move around. Add to this the lack of lighting and you need the glow of the flourescent oversized t shirts to guide you. Quite the opposite to the bright lights and bland colours of stores like Country Road and Cue.

What are the designers thinking? Oh I see, they aren't!

No comments: