Thursday, December 4, 2008

You've Got Mail

I love to receive mail in any form but especially in my letterbox at home, the good old fashioned way. There are many times when we get a letter or package that we may not be expecting and we don't know who it is from. There is no name or return address and the post stamp means nothing.

WHY do we stand there turning the letter over and over and over again saying to ourselves "what is it?" "who's this from?" or something to that effect. We eyeball the handwriting on the front, put it up to the light to see if it's see-through, try to guess what is inside, try to feel what is inside and when we can't get an answer we say "well, I don't know what it is!"

Last night was the latest occasion of this happening to me. I did all of the above with a small white paper package which had come from Belgium! I was expecting a package of new business cards that I had ordered via the internet but certainly not from Belgium. Besides, the package looked and felt too small. It had my phone number on it so it must have been the cards - but they aren't coming from Belgium!!!! What the hell is it???

I got inside, put it on the table with my bags and promptly walked away. Well, I don't know what it is, so I don't care. It can wait....

Yes, it was my business cards after all that.

I know I am not the only person who does this!!!!!!

No comments: